The Unitech MS840 series is a rugged handheld laser scanner with a wide variety of communication options. The standard wired options include USB, Serial, and keyboard wedge and the wireless options include Bluetooth and Data Radio (2.4GHz).
The Unitech MS840 series is a rugged handheld laser scanner, cost-effective, and versatile device for a variety of applications such as retail, industrial and commercial services. With its powerful scan engine, the MS840 provides impressive speedy and accurate scanning performance in both reading and decoding data. To minimize down time, the MS840 is designed to meet 1.8-meter drop test at its IP42-rated housing. A rugged, yet ergonomic and lightweight, deign make this device very user-friendly. For applications in noisy environments, the MS840 features a clear beeper and green light ensuring operators never miss a read. With its minimal overall investment and ultimate flexibility and reliability, the MS840 offers an unbeatable bargain. The barcode scanner is also optimize to capture data with its powerful laser scan engine. Never struggle to read a damaged or poorly printed barcode again.
Move without restrictions: enjoy 300 feet of wireless freedom. This will bring your business the flexibility it requires to run smoothly and efficiently–and then some. Syncing the MS840B to a computer system or smartphone is a simple process. You can set up the MS840B to transmit scans to your host in real-time. Just download the Quick Start Guide to get running immediately. This Bluetooth barcode scanner has a cradle accessory that can mount to a desk or wall (though the device is fully functional without a cradle) and features a handy scanner locator button. You can also sync up to three MS840B scanners to a single cradle for added convenience and communication.
Data Radio (2.4GHz Technology)
Unitech radio frequency (RF) scanners work just like Bluetooth barcode scanners, transmitting data at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. The key difference between Bluetooth and Unitech 2.4 GHz scanners is the USB receiver used to communicate with your computer. Many electronics such as wireless mice and keyboards use receivers like ours, making this technology familiar and easy to adopt. Simply scan the barcode on the receiver using your wireless scanner, plug the small receiver into a USB port on your computer, and start scanning. Our Quick Start Guide illustrates how remarkably fast it is to set up the MS840P wireless scanner.
USB, RS232, PS/2
Data Radio (2.4GHz)
Cradle or Directly with Host
Cradle or Directly with Host (Requires USB)
Communication Range from
Limited by Cable (5 Feet)
Up to 300 Feet
Up to 33 Feet
About Unitech: Unitech was founded in 1979 in Taiwan. As a global provider of AIDC (automatic identification and data capture) technologies with over 30 years experience, Unitech manufactures a wide range of Enterprise Mobile computers, Rugged handheld PDAs, Industrial Tablets, RFID Readers, Barcode Scanners, integrated T&A and Smart Living devices. Unitech products bring value to customers throughout the world in various industries, such as logistics, healthcare, retails, warehousing, manufacturing, transportation, and field service
Downloads/Detailed Product Descriptions
Where is the price?
We do not show your pricing due to manufacturer discounts, current promotions, and other specials. Pricing can change on a whim so we only provide the best current price when you contact us.
I can get this product cheaper on Amazon! Why should I buy from All Barcode Systems?
We are a Value-Added Authorized Reseller and part of an Authorized Reseller Network. We have strong relationships with all our manufacturers and brands so as an authorized reseller, our partners grants us additional benefits that we pass off to our customers:
- Additional Discounts – Manufacturers have special promotions all the time and we are able to pass those discounts to our customers when available.
- Bulk Purchase Discounts – Looking to supply an entire warehouse with labels? Barcode scanners? Printers? We offer discounts on all bulk purchases.
- Premium Support – We have over 30 years of experience so we will always be able to give you the support you need — over the phone, over email, or even in person if you’re near.
- Technical Support Access – Because of our partnerships, we have access to manufacturer’s technical support team — which we can utilize to support our customers as well.
- Guaranteed Warranties – As an authorized reseller, manufacturers will always honor their warranties since we are part of their Authorized Reseller Network.
Unfortunately, many online retailers have not been authorized by the manufacturers so it can be risky to purchase from them if support is needed. You can read more here.
Do you price match?
We will always try to give our customer’s the best price but sometimes we may not be able to. Fortunately, we do promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions, services, and additional benefits that we offer.
Okay, I want pricing — now what?
Contact us! There are many ways to contact us and we will respond with pricing and answers within 24 hours (weekends and holiday excluded).
Who is All Barcode Systems?
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.