An evolutionary leap in package handling. The SP500X ScanPrinter uses advanced technology to create simple efficiency.
Print-and-Scan device. We are revolutionizing order fulfillment, package sortation, warehouse management systems, cross-docking and other distribution systems.
Move anywhere. Identifies, directs and marks packages. The new Handheld SP500X ScanPrinter represents an evolutionary leap in package handling. Developed by Handheld in a partnership with the world’s largest package shipping and logistics companies, the unique SP500X is the only product in its category: an all-in-one, truly mobile scan-and-print device. One worker, using a hands-free device and moving anywhere within your facility, can identify, direct and mark packages in as little as 2 seconds each.
How it Works
The SP500X uses advanced technology to create simple efficiency
- Scan. A worker with a hand-mounted SP500X scans the package barcode. The SP500X sends info on what it is to your back-end system.
- Communicate. The back-end system recognizes the package and knows where it should go. It communicates that info instantly back to the SP500X.
- Print. The worker uses the SP500X to print instructions directly on the package, and it’s ready to go.
Developed by experts. Creating a game changer. To bring you the SP500X ScanPrinter, we worked hand-in-hand with the leading package delivery service. It was a perfect pairing: we’re experts at manufacturing rugged devices; they’re experts at moving high volumes of goods. We developed a process and product prototype, and then together we field-tested it extensively and refined it – to create the SP500X.
Descartes ShipTrack™ Solution Certified for Use with the Handheld Wearable SP500X ScanPrinter
Descartes ShipTrack is designed for high volume inbound sorting to automate the sorting process, dramatically increase speed, and prevent errors. A hand-mounted SP500X scans an inbound package and transmits the information to Descartes ShipTrack which recognizes the package and identifies where it should go.
“The Descartes ShipTrack solution is a perfect companion to the unique and wearable SP500X ScanPrinter,” says Jim Rimay, President and CEO of Handheld US. “The entire process takes less than two seconds per package: scan, send, receive, print. Package sorting just got a whole lot more efficient.”
”The growth of ecommerce and last-mile delivery and the labor challenges operators are facing makes the combination of the Handheld SP500X and Descartes ShipTrack more relevant than ever,” said Shawn Winter, Vice President, Mobility Solutions at Descartes.
User benefits. Making an impact in multiple ways. The SP500X isn’t portable; it’s wearable, making it truly mobile. It provides the ability to scan and print wherever you need to work, without a label printer or a fixed location. It leaves workers’ hands free. It can handle high volumes and varying package sizes. It makes a major impact in multiple ways.
- Cost efficiency. Reduces labor, operating and capital costs.
- Operational effectiveness. Improves accuracy and reduces processing and cycle times.
- Flexibility and agility. Frees workers to execute tasks at various places.
- Productivity and safety. Gives workers uninterrupted freedom to use both hands.
- Ergonomics. Its light weight, low profile and durable design make it comfortable to use.
About Handheld: Handheld is a privately-held manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, including rugged tablets, notebooks and handhelds and is one of the fastest growing companies in the sector. Together with our resellers around the globe, we form partnerships that offer products that withstand the toughest conditions and solutions to get the job done.
Downloads/Detailed Product Descriptions
Where is the price?
We do not show your pricing due to manufacturer discounts, current promotions, and other specials. Pricing can change on a whim so we only provide the best current price when you contact us.
I can get this product cheaper elsewhere, why should I buy from All Barcode Systems?
We are a Value-Added Authorized Reseller and part of an Authorized Reseller Network. We have strong relationships with all our manufacturers and brands so as an authorized reseller, our partners grants us additional benefits that we pass off to our customers:
- Additional Discounts – Manufacturers have special promotions all the time and we are able to pass those discounts to our customers when available.
- Bulk Purchase Discounts – Looking to supply an entire warehouse with labels? Barcode scanners? Printers? We offer discounts on all bulk purchases.
- Premium Support – We have over 30 years of experience so we will always be able to give you the support you need — over the phone, over email, or even in person if you’re near.
- Technical Support Access – Because of our partnerships, we have access to manufacturer’s technical support team — which we can utilize to support our customers as well.
- Guaranteed Warranties – As an authorized reseller, manufacturers will always honor their warranties since we are part of their Authorized Reseller Network.
Unfortunately, many online retailers have not been authorized by the manufacturers so it can be risky to purchase from them if support is needed.
Do you price match?
We will always try to give our customer’s the best price but sometimes we may not be able to. Fortunately, we do promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions, services, and additional benefits that we offer.
Okay, I want pricing — now what?
Contact us! There are many ways to contact us and we will respond with pricing and answers within 24 hours (weekends and holiday excluded).
Who is All Barcode Systems?
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.
Current Lead Times
Due to ongoing and worsening supply chain shortages, lead times will be extended. We suggest ordering with plenty of lead time and even adding extra product to you order so you have adequate supply.
New Article | Dec 08, 2021
Price Increase Notification | We hoped that there would be some stabilization of the supply chain by the middle to end of Q1, but the industry continues to face supply chain and pricing challenges.