The Most Versatile Barcode-Scanning Mobile Computer
The Scepter is the result of combining proven technology with contemporary innovation… an enterprise-grade mobile computer that will excel in virtually any task, delivering the performance and reliability demanded by today’s industrial user.
Powered by Android 6 (Marshmallow) running on a Quad Core 1GHz processor, the Scepter has no shortage of power, performance or resources. The dual band 802.11abgn WLAN radio and BT BLE 4.0 radio provide wireless connectivity for inside-the-four-walls environments. A wide variety of barcode scan engines are available along with an optional 5MP camera. We’ve even included a dual-beam LED flashlight for those dark corners of the warehouse.
When it comes to displays… size does matter
The Scepter boasts a massive 5″ (127mm) color display with capacitive touch screen, the largest display available on a pistol-grip-handled device… 20% larger than the nearest competitor. The hardened, tempered glass and optically bonded capacitive touch screen ensures it can handle the toughest environments. For added assurance, the display is surrounded by a protective rubber boot and is in fact ”floating“ in a protective foam layer, never actually coming in contact with the plastic case. Factor in the 550 nit sunlight readable rating and it’s easy to see why the Scepter is setting the new standard in industrial mobile computers.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The Scepter features the Android 6.0 operating system, otherwise known as Marshmallow. Android is quickly becoming the preferred operating systems for enterprise mobile devices, especially with the concerns about other commercially available operating systems and their level of commitment to the embedded device community.
We like our keys… we think we’ll keep them
Predictive text software, also known as ”auto-correct software“, was developed because typing on capacitive touch screens is inherently more error-prone. Unfortunately, it isn’t very helpful when typing data that isn’t part of a predictable vocabulary, like quantities of an inventory item. Traditional tactile keypad allows you to feel the separation of the keys as well as the ”bottoming“ of the key confirming a contact closure. While ergonomically it may be slower than sliding a finger across a capacitive touch screen, a tactile keypad will produce fewer errors, and fewer corrections, when typing non-predictable text.
Illuminate dark work areas
Flanking the scan engine exit window are two high intensity LEDs providing flash light functionality for those dark corners of the warehouse. The flashlight is operated by a secondary trigger button located just below the scan engine trigger on the handle.
About AML: AML was founded in 1983 to respond to a need in the barcode data collection marketplace for high performance, easy-to-use, and cost-effective barcode and data collection products. Our goal is to provide sensible solutions for mission critical activities, to improve efficiency and productivity, and to make barcode data collection applications worry-free.
Downloads/Detailed Product Descriptions
Where is the price?
We do not show your pricing due to manufacturer discounts, current promotions, and other specials. Pricing can change on a whim so we only provide the best current price when you contact us.
I can get this product cheaper on Amazon! Why should I buy from All Barcode Systems?
We are a Value-Added Authorized Reseller and part of an Authorized Reseller Network. We have strong relationships with all our manufacturers and brands so as an authorized reseller, our partners grants us additional benefits that we pass off to our customers:
- Additional Discounts – Manufacturers have special promotions all the time and we are able to pass those discounts to our customers when available.
- Bulk Purchase Discounts – Looking to supply an entire warehouse with labels? Barcode scanners? Printers? We offer discounts on all bulk purchases.
- Premium Support – We have over 30 years of experience so we will always be able to give you the support you need — over the phone, over email, or even in person if you’re near.
- Technical Support Access – Because of our partnerships, we have access to manufacturer’s technical support team — which we can utilize to support our customers as well.
- Guaranteed Warranties – As an authorized reseller, manufacturers will always honor their warranties since we are part of their Authorized Reseller Network.
Unfortunately, many online retailers have not been authorized by the manufacturers so it can be risky to purchase from them if support is needed. You can read more here.
Do you price match?
We will always try to give our customer’s the best price but sometimes we may not be able to. Fortunately, we do promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions, services, and additional benefits that we offer.
Okay, I want pricing — now what?
Contact us! There are many ways to contact us and we will respond with pricing and answers within 24 hours (weekends and holiday excluded).
Who is All Barcode Systems?
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.