March 26, 2021 Update: Issue has been resolved: Update your Windows computer to the latest patch.
Microsoft is aware of an issue that will cause a "blue screen" when attempting to print with the latest Windows updates. This issue is not unique to SATO but affects other manufacturer's print drivers as well. SATO is recommending to uninstall these updates as a temporary workaround and provided instructions below. You can also check on the latest status of the issue with the direct link to Microsoft (below).
Recommended print driver workaround:
Uninstall the Windows update manually using the steps below. If you are unsure about how to do this or the PC is under the control of an IT department, it is recommended to contact them before proceeding.
- Go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” to open “View update history”
- Select “View update history”
- Select “Uninstall updates”
- For Windows 10 Version 2004 or Version 20H2
- Select KB5000802 to uninstall.
- For Windows 10 Version 1909
- Select KB5000808 to uninstall
- Client: Windows 10, version 20H2; Windows 10, version 2004; Windows 10, version 1909; Windows 10, version 1809; Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019; Windows 10, version 1803
Server: Windows Server, version 20H2; Windows Server, version 2004; Windows Server, version 1909; Windows Server, version 1809; Windows Server 2019; Windows Server, version 1803