If you run a high-volume retail business and you need a barcode scanning solution that elevates checkout throughput, improves the customer experience, and enables you to better execute your mobile marketing programs, the Solaris 7980g Area-Imaging Vertical Slot Scanner is up to the task.
With its compact, modern design and powerful imaging capabilities, the 7980g scanner fits easily into existing enclosures used in retail checkout environments, including convenience, drug, specialty, liquor and grocery stores.
The Solaris 7980g features Honeywell’s Adaptus™ 6.0 area-imaging technology. You’ll get exceptional scanning performance on 1D and 2D barcodes and even be able to read smartphone screens, digital wallets and printed identification cards.
Omni-directional scanning capability – along with an extended depth of field and advanced decoding software – equips your cashiers to scan virtually all barcodes on the first pass with minimal concern for orientation or barcode print quality.
Do you anticipate the need to read 2D codes in the future, but don’t need that capability today? You can buy the 7980g scanner as an omnidirectional 1D scanner. Then affordably upgrade it to a full 2D area-imager when you’re ready. It’s no longer necessary to buy new scanners when your data capture needs evolve. The Solaris 7980g scanner grows with your business.
- Powerful Imaging Capabilities - Exceptional scanning performance on 1D and 2D barcodes, plus the ability to read smartphone screens, digital wallets and printed identification cards.
- Soft, White LED Illumination - Eliminates glare without compromising performance.
- Simple to Install - Compatible with most point-of-sale systems. Features integrated EAS, power-over-USB, and an auxiliary USB port for scanner connectivity.
- Easy to Use - Features a capacitive touch button and intuitive LED indicators that face the user. And you can connect a handheld scanner via a multi-function USB auxiliary port.
- Draws Power From the Host - Draws power directly through USB, eliminating the need for an additional power supply ￼and cabling.
About Honeywell: Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions is a global leader providing custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls, and productivity solutions built around our high performance data collection hardware including rugged mobile computers, voice-enabled software, bar code scanners, radio frequency identification (RFID) and workflow printing solutions. Our solutions serve customers in aerospace, automotive, field service, healthcare, industrial, manufacturing, medical, retail, supply chain, test and measurement, and transportation and logistics markets. We provide unparalleled precision and durability that improves efficiency, increase operational productivity and enhance customer service capabilities.
Downloads/Detailed Product DescriptionsProduct Specs (pdf)
Where is the price?
We do not show your pricing due to manufacturer discounts, current promotions, and other specials. Pricing can change on a whim so we only provide the best current price when you contact us.
I can get this product cheaper elsewhere, why should I buy from All Barcode Systems?
We are a Value-Added Authorized Reseller and part of an Authorized Reseller Network. We have strong relationships with all our manufacturers and brands so as an authorized reseller, our partners grants us additional benefits that we pass off to our customers:
- Additional Discounts – Manufacturers have special promotions all the time and we are able to pass those discounts to our customers when available.
- Bulk Purchase Discounts – Looking to supply an entire warehouse with labels? Barcode scanners? Printers? We offer discounts on all bulk purchases.
- Premium Support – We have over 30 years of experience so we will always be able to give you the support you need — over the phone, over email, or even in person if you’re near.
- Technical Support Access – Because of our partnerships, we have access to manufacturer’s technical support team — which we can utilize to support our customers as well.
- Guaranteed Warranties – As an authorized reseller, manufacturers will always honor their warranties since we are part of their Authorized Reseller Network.
Unfortunately, many online retailers have not been authorized by the manufacturers so it can be risky to purchase from them if support is needed.
Do you price match?
We will always try to give our customer’s the best price but sometimes we may not be able to. Fortunately, we do promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions, services, and additional benefits that we offer.
Okay, I want pricing — now what?
Contact us! There are many ways to contact us and we will respond with pricing and answers within 24 hours (weekends and holiday excluded).
Who is All Barcode Systems?
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.